Folks of all colors and creeds want nothing more than to shuck and jive with authenticity on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. To this end, below are listed the tunes that must be played on this high holy day of ingratitude.
1. Celebration by Kool and the Gang
The All-Black Village People
2. Bugaboo by Destiny’s Child
3. Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio
El Diabo Negro
4. The Electric Slide (Boogie) by Marcia Griffiths
Actually a nog dance, wedding-goers
5. Notorious by The Notorious B. I. G.
If the bullets hadn’t ended him, it would have been congestive heart failure
6. California Love by 2Pac
Added to list so it wouldn’t look like we took sides in the Biggie-2Pac feud
7. Fuck Tha Police by N. W. A.
Have any of us yet met a nigga without attitude?